This information is for children participating in the service who attend Grace School. Please read the information below for your child's grade level, then click on the link to the form. (If you are the parent of a Grace Church child who does not attend Grace School, please click here for information.)
Dear Parents of Grace Lutheran School,
The Grace early evening worship services on Christmas Eve are led by the children of Grace Church and School. All children in grades 1–8 are involved in this annual highlight of our school year. The candle lit cross (actually flashlights for safety purposes) formed by the 5th-8th grade students will begin the service for the 69th consecutive year. Students prepare carefully for the responsibility of leading worship and look forward to sharing the joy of Christ’s birth on Christmas Eve. The tradition lives on in the hearts of students even after they graduate from Grace, and alumni return year after year to experience the beauty of this service . If your child has not been part of Christmas Eve at Grace in the past, we strongly encourage you to participate this year.
After reading the following information, let us know about your child(ren)’s participation in the Christmas Eve service using our online form. Find the form at this link:
Please fill out the online form prior to November 17, even if your child(ren) will not be participating,.
A separate response is needed for each child in your family.
There are two services on December 24 — 4:15 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Children in Grades 1-4
- Children in grades 1-4 may participate in one service or both.
Children in Grades 5–8
- Children in Grades 5–8 have the option to participate in the choir or in the costumed pageant.
- Members of the Choir and the School Handbell Choir (Strike Team) must be present for both services.
- Students in the School Handbell Choir will ring during the service, but will also participate in Grace’s traditional Christmas Cross.
- Children in the pageant participate in one or both services.
- 8th grade students may also be readers at one or both services, as assigned. They rehearse with Pastor David Lyle, times to be arranged.
If you have questions about the services or your child’s participation please email your child’s classroom teacher or Janel Dennen at .
Your help and support make it possible for this tradition of leading Christmas Eve worship to continue at Grace. We pray that your child’s participation in these services helps him or her grow in faith and knowledge of God’s love, shown to us in Christ’s birth.
Bill Koehne, Principal, Grace Lutheran School
Pastor Michael D. Costello, Cantor, Grace Lutheran Church & School
Janel Dennen, Music Teacher, Grace Lutheran School