Christmas Eve Service Seating
Every year the children’s services bring hundreds of people to worship at Grace Church at 4:15 and 6:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Please follow these guidelines and help us to welcome everyone on this special night.
- The building will open at 3:00 p.m. for seating for the 4:15 service. Children participating in the service should remain with their families until classrooms open at 3:45.
- At the end of the 4:15 service, the congregation will be asked to exit through the wood doors in the back of the sanctuary directly out to the sidewalk on Bonnie Brae, or to leave through the doors at the front of the sanctuary, by the pulpit and font. From here you can walk to the classrooms or coat rooms without going outside.
- People arriving early for the 6:00 service will wait in the atrium until worshipers at the 4:15 service have left the sanctuary.
- Please do not take up space in the pews with piles of coats. We need to use the seating in the sanctuary for people, not coats. Coat rooms are located in the atrium, next to the washrooms, and near the Division Street door, just inside the entrance to Fellowship Hall.
- Full-length pews seat 10 adults. As the sanctuary fills up before the service, ushers will do their best to keep families together, but this may not always be possible. There is additional seating in the south balcony by the organ console; there is a video feed to a monitor in the balcony.
Latecomers who arrive after the service begins will be asked to stand in the narthex until the cross processional is complete and the sanctuary lights come back on. At this time, ushers will direct people to open seats in the pews.
- Because of fire laws, additional seating on chairs in the narthex will not be available.
A video feed of the service will be available in the church library, near the Division Street door.
- Consider attending the 6:00 service, if possible. This service is not usually as crowded as the 4:15 service.